By some means the group decides on a Kata to work on, perhaps the
DojoOrganizer suggests one. No-one need have prepared anything much before the meeting.
- Some mechanism for regular switching of the driver and copilot is chosen (eg TimeBox , PingPong , MicroPairing , NTests , ShoutLouder )
- Two people step up to the keyboard and begin solving the Kata in hand
- start from scratch
- use TDD and BabySteps
- remember to switch the pair at the keyboard according to the mechanism chosen
- Everyone present is expected to follow what is going on, and make helpful suggestions.
- The pair at the keyboard should explain what they are doing so everyone can follow.
- The audience should give advice/suggest refactorings primarily on a [GreenBar (@c2)] . At other times the pair at the keyboard may ask not to be interrupted.
To work on prepared Kata online, you can use the cyber-dojo platform.