**Participants:** BrenoFranco , [DaniloSato](/people/DaniloSato) ,
FabricioSousa , JacquelineMarchetti , PauloCheque , ThiagoColucci and Yoshi
Kata: The Blocks Problem (acm.uva.es/p/v1/101.html) in Ruby / Rspec
- : 20:15 ~ 20:30 Choosing and Discussing the Problem
We’ve chosen to solve this uva simulation problem in an object-oriented design. We discussed a little about some of the behaviour we wanted to put in a Block, like: placing one on top of another, resetting it to its original position, and retrieving the top of a pile of blocks.
20:30 ~ 22:00 Coding Session
The problem was solved in Ruby + Rspec in a RandoriKata style, switching pairs every 7 minutes. We started describing some of the Block’s behaviour of the Block, an then moved to some “acceptance scenarios”, implementing each operation defined in the problem description. After some steps, we decided to refactor our code to use recursion, and the code became simpler and more clear. We were able to finish the problem, altough we did not implement a parser to handle input. The code is available at groups.google.com/group/dojo_sp/files.
22:00 ~ 22:15 Retrospective
Some of the lessons learned from the session were: a lot of Ruby / Rspec; we were able to finish solving the problem; there was a good balance between discussing the problem, the design, and coding; also, we were able to run Rcov and Heckle against the code to show that we had 100% of coverage and that no mutations survived our test suite. Some of the things that could be improved: our red/green gadget was not configured to be used with Ruby / Rspec;